Monday, 31 March 2008

"Show me something I can't ignore...."


Next up, is someone who will be familiar to anybody who watched last Summer's UK Big Brother, it's Chanelle Hayes. That's right after her on/off relationship with Ziggy ended for good, she has set her mind on a pop career and has signed a deal with Eminence Records. Her attempt to launch herself in the music industry is also going to be the focus of a VH1 reality series, entitled Chanelle: Wannabe Popstar, which is set to debut on VH1 UK on the 18th of April.

You can now hear a remix of Chanelle's debut single on the producers myspace and I have to say it is much better than I had expected. It's a fairly standard slice of eurodance music but it is enough to make me intrigued to hear what the original radio version is going to sound like. Whether or not Chanelle will have a long lasting career in the music industry is another thing, let's face it former BB contestants haven't had much pop success in the past i.e Nichola Hoult, Craig or Nadia.

Saying that I will probably watch the series and am quite looking forward to seeing what the music video will look like. Check out the remixed song here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just listened as well, and as the song is called 'I want it', I think much better than I expected. Would probably buy it without the programme but I think with the programme will do well.

Anonymous said...

I like the song. I didn't expect to but it has been surprisingly well produced and Chanelle's voice seems up to the job too. I look forward to the TV programme tracking her progress in making the song, should be interesting.

The Blogger Formerly Known As Digital Technique said...

Looking forward to both the TV show and also hearing the original version of the song.

Adem With An E said...

The original isn't too bad actually - the remix is a LOT better though and isn't too focused on being urban-lite pop like the original. It's a lot more fun, that remix.